Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tianaB
Style_council
tianaB

When I was 11 I longed for some jeans with rhinestones on the butt or up and down the leg.
Now that I think back, I’m like, “What was I thinking?!”
Today when shopping, I spotted a pair of dark wash jeans covered in rhinestones and glitter . The worst part was glitter was sharp and hard, some rhinestones were missing as usual.
I find bedazzled jeans a bit distasteful.
I’ve seen jeans with a quiet logo on the back pockets, but those don’t both me as much.
I like my jeans to be very very simple with and sometimes in subtle detail.
Your opinions?

posted about 11 years ago
Tinkerbee
Style_council
Tinkerbee

I know exactly what you mean by the bedazzled jeans…i had a pair that had a large sequinned buuterfly on one leg cringe BUT can I just say this was about 5 years ago lol…and i do look back and think…”what was I thinking?!” Funny thing is I walk into River Island every so often and find a pair of perfect looking skinnies, until I check the back and see a splattering (or two) of sequins and rhinestones! why??
Another thing I dont understand? brightly-coloured sequinned waist belts…why do people still wear them? sigh

bexlea
Style_council
bexlea

Haha its the same to me, more than once I’ve gone into River Island and wanted something only to see all the glitter on the back!

tianaB
Style_council
tianaB

I don’t really like sequined anything.
There’s this store called Melrose here in Dallas, and that’s all they sell is sequined shirts, belts, pants, shoes, earrings.
I used to love that store. D:

hautexOcouture
Style_council
hautexOcouture

I think bedazzled jeans are beyond tacky. I do like sequins though, but not on my denim.

AlinaL
Style_council
AlinaL

yea bedazzled jeans are a big nono

ZoraCosmicRaye
Style_council
ZoraCosmicRaye

It was like people where blinded by the stones, very 90s & very hick!

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

I loved them back in the 97’s :)))hehe but now I think they are over worn, out of fashion, whatever!!

posted about 9 years ago

inthenameoffashion
Style_council
inthenameoff...

I used to like bedazzled jeans when I was younger until I was about 11 too. I know they are ugly. I like my jeans very simple maybe a little fade or distressing here and there, but other than that I like them plain with good pocket detail. Sequins and stones on jeans looks so kiddy. U know? Like those pretty sequins flower jeans your mom bought you when you were 4. They are not for adults. Right now the trend that is killing me is those damn acid washed jeans, but that’s a whole nother story.

posted about 9 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

i always disliked bedazzled anything but i wouldnt mind jeans with cute studs and maybe some dull black/gray/red rhinestones

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

the bedazzled jeans were so in when I was in middle school! but now I guess people regard them as tacky…maybe in another 10 years they’ll be back =P

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

i hate them, they do look really tacky

posted about 9 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

i don’t really like the whole glitter and rhinestone thing on jeans. all my jeans are pretty simple too.

posted about 9 years ago

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

I think bedazzled jeans are so tacky and cheap looking.

posted about 9 years ago

FlossyBri012
Style_council
FlossyBri012

Omgsh!! Yeahss i loved beadazzled jeans when i was little.. but i thnk it was because we were little, nd little girls love sparkles and color like that. Now we like our glitter in other places, i luv it. I think its cool how we’ve evolved.

posted about 9 years ago

soyoungsostylish
Style_council
soyoungsosty...

In about the third grade I would ONLY buy jeans that were bedazzled or had some kind of embroidery on them, but now I think classic, simple, elegant, and even plain are the best style statements.

posted about 9 years ago

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

oh my god, that reminds me of that girl i was sitting next to in english class last year- she always wore a rhinestone butterfly pair of jeans, IN HIGH SCHOOL.

posted about 9 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i used to have a pair when i was 12 yrs old. bejeweled with purple butterflies and i thought it was fab LOLLL

posted about 9 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

ahh bedazzled jeans. USED to love them when I was like 9/10 thought I was so cool XD

posted about 9 years ago

nicoledanielle
Style_council
nicoledanielle

pretty much anything that is bedazzled is tacky.

posted about 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

uggghhhh no. my mom likes to put them on jeans and shirts and i just think it looks awful. XP

posted about 9 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

bedazzled? no. studded? yes.

posted almost 9 years ago

VickyViolet
Style_council
VickyViolet

I only have one pair of jeans, they’re black skinnies. That says enough I think haha.

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

haaaaa no

miraclelove
Style_council
miraclelove

i want to try this style

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password