SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

sooner or later is going to be noticeable!!!people shoudnt be embarrased about that.what do you think??

posted over 8 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I can’t say I’ve known a lot of people who have hid pregnancies, at least not for very long . . . But I think some people like to keep it a secret until they can make one official announcement about it, and others just don’t want to jump the gun and tell everyone they’re having a baby really early when there’s still a chance of a miscarriage, etc— since that would probably be much harder to deal with if everyone knew you were pregnant and keeps asking about it, you know?

And probably in the case of some young and/or unplanned pregnancies they’re just hoping to delay the inevitable drama, since sometimes people can be openly critical of mothers who are teens, unwed, etc. Yeah, it’ll be obvious eventually, but why let the world know now when you can have a few extra months in peace?

posted over 8 years ago

NRl_00
Style_council
NRl_00

i think it may be becuz their scared of what people may say and if you say it to someone else your admitting it to yourself. Or they just dont know how to say it. When you get pregnant its suppose to be a happy thing..but for teens its not and they know that.

posted over 8 years ago

ilovemesomejess
Style_council
ilovemesomejess

i remember when i was pregnant,i can’t really say i hid it(as in getting bigger clothing or etc). but when i finally did get my lil stomach i noticed i would suck my stomach in because i felt as if people was staring at me.because i was such the girl in high school who was prom queen and most successful i guess i was ashamed? but later on i got more confident w/my pregnancy. and i also think i was doing that because i had never had a stomach before so it was weird…but i don’t regret my son..=)

posted over 8 years ago

fgvtica
New_user fgvtica is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When fgvtica reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fgvtica

I know this girl that got pregnant at 17 and she didn’t want people to know even when everyone already knew and she wore those things you wear under you clothes and make you look thinner and that must be really bad for the baby unfortunately the baby died at birth there were complications with the umbilical cord. :(

posted over 8 years ago

fgvtica
New_user fgvtica is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When fgvtica reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fgvtica

Another thing I wanted to share is a friend of mine said that her most flattering shirt was this weird one that made her look fat instead of pregnant and I think that pregnancy is beautiful and you should never hide it wear things that show of that belly. I love seeing pregnant women they look so beautiful.

posted over 8 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

sooner or later, everyone will know, it’s just to buy some time to break the ice, i guess.

posted over 8 years ago

newday_newoutfit
Style_council
newday_newou...

never hide your pregnancy! if you didn’t want a baby you should have been more careful, and mistakes happen! just except it, and everyone else will too! besides, who doesn’t love babies?

posted over 8 years ago

newday_newoutfit
Style_council
newday_newou...

i think they might just be scared, but that’s how any new mother should feel. besides, you get a whole new closet of clothing just for 9 months, and an excuse to buy more afterwards when you lose the weight! win win situation:)

posted over 8 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I know some introverted women did to avoid conversations….LOL.

posted over 8 years ago

snortingchuckie
Style_council
snortingchuckie

most of the people i know who hide it do so because they are afraid of having a miscarriage and having to admit to that when people ask. it’s painful enough, they shouldn’t have to relive it over and over again. also, a lot of other people do it just to avoid excess attention (people asking when you’re due, touching your belly, etc).

posted over 8 years ago

Lollypopz94
Style_council
Lollypopz94

I think pregnancy is a beautiful thing~

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

what do you mean why do people hide their pregnancies? as in, physically hide that they are pregnant by wearing strategic clothes, or keep their pregnancy a secret? either way, that is unique to each and every mother, you’d have to ask them.

posted about 8 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes,in every sense…sometimes is very noticeable and they just act like nothing change,its like see an elephant in the bathroom and pretend its not there…its ok anyway im not judging for that reaction,its just a little weird to me

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

haha it is a little off-putting when you see a heavily pregnant woman with skin-tight/slutty clothes—unfortunately a common site in department store malls lol

posted about 8 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Could be for religious reasons….

posted about 8 years ago

torisuffocation
New_user torisuffocation is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When torisuffocation reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
torisuffocation

One of my friends got pregnant about 6 months ago (we are only going to be sophmores, this upcoming school year) and she hid it until just recently when it was obvious. She said she didn’t want people to make fun of her and she said that she didn’t want the disapproving glances from having people know. She said that it would have ruined her reputation and she didn’t want that her freshman year.
I guess some people hide it because they are scared of what people will say or think.

posted about 8 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yeah in that case is very understandable….it must be a really a hard time for her

posted about 8 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

its hard i guess, and scary too ;(

posted about 8 years ago

michelle2119
Style_council
michelle2119

“could be religious reasons…”
what kind of religion is that??!

posted about 8 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Adultery or sex before marriage isn’t taken too kindly to in some religions.

posted about 8 years ago

Harumi818
Style_council
Harumi818

no point in hiding b/c its gonna show sooner or later

posted almost 8 years ago

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

because a lot of the times, there are complications with pregnancy, and you don’t want to start telling people early in case something happens… better to wait it out and make sure the baby has no complications.

posted almost 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password