Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
beautifuldaydream
New_user beautifuldaydream is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When beautifuldaydream reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
beautifulday...

I have an extreme case of insomnia. I don’t get how anyone falls asleep. I try hard to fall asleep but I just can’t. It’s gotten to the point where on average I get around 2-3 hours a day, and whenever I DO, I have to stay up late on my iPod listening to videos until I get so tired I just fall asleep. Any sleeping tips?

~beautifuldaydream (Oliv)

posted over 6 years ago
AbbigayleRashae
Style_council
AbbigayleRashae

Oh my gosh, I’m the EXACT same way.
I wish I knew how to help you dear.
Good luck!

-XO Abbigayle Rashae
-trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

posted over 6 years ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

for years i suffered like this!some days i would feel so tired and sleepy i would stay in and sleep all day missing out on all kinds of things.. then when my graduation got over i made it a point to make some changes. this is what i did – i made myself go to bed by 9-10pm. i would just lie awake and resist temptations of listening to songs or reading a book or watching something or even playing games on my phone. taking a shower before going to sleep and relaxing my mind helped. then slowly i got back my sleeping pattern. now i can stay awake till 12 or later if i have and then go to bed. but i don’t have the urge to stay awake whole nights. my friend tried sleeping pills but they soon stopped working.

posted over 6 years ago

adriennee
Style_council
adriennee

try to find some time each day to work out. it’s good for overall wellness, and it’ll hopefully tire you out a bit, and make it easier to fall asleep. i’d also suggest avoiding doing day to day activities on your bed, so you train your brain to associate bed with sleep, and not other misc. activities.

posted over 6 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I think you better see a doctor,because when its an everyday issue,it must be not so easy to treat w tips…my advice is make gym or walk in DAYTIME so when night arrives you really need to rest.of course no music or tv in your room

posted over 6 years ago

BcoolNgreat
Style_council
BcoolNgreat

Do you do any work out at all? Like working out at the gym, jog or a hard walk? Or may be some good bit of physical work around the house even will help you. Sometimes people can’t fall asleep because they are not physically tired. Otherwise, of course, you must learn to relax your mind by doing yoga or meditation- now don’t get too worried about these words! meditation is simply a breathing exercise; concentrate on the movement of your stomach as you breathe. Keeping your mind one place is hard.

posted over 6 years ago

Nessbow
New_user Nessbow is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Nessbow reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Nessbow

Insomnia is just horrible! I’ve struggled with it for years. Here are a few things that have worked well for me:
-Get at least 20 minutes of physical exercise during the day.
- Make time to wind down at the end of the day. For an hour before you go to bed, don’t do any work or study. Just set this time aside to relax. Read a book, watch T.V, take a shower and unwind.
- Once you’re in bed, if you’re not asleep after twenty minutes, get out of bed and go and do a quiet activity. Reading or watching something quiet is good. When you begin to feel tired, go back to bed and try to fall asleep again.
- Avoid caffeine or sugar after dinner time.

I hope this helps!

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password