Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m really considering buying one, does anyone have one?

What are some pros and cons of it?

posted over 10 years ago
twinkl
Style_council
twinkl

Well, I have a D80, and have had great experiences with it. My friends have owned the D60 and D300… all-in-all, Nikon seems to deliver. I do have one significant complaint though: the strap got loose while I was hanging the camera on my neck—twice. The first time was on carpet so it wasn’t so bad, but the second time was on concrete and my lens hood broke. I haven’t had it checked out professionally, so I don’t know if there are any significant problems with the insides but it’s still working well enough…

Are you considering other cameras? Knowing what else you’re looking at will give us a better idea of what kind of pros and cons are relevant.

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Possibly the Canon Rebel XT, but I’m not sure. It’s basically price that’s my determining factor – I’m trying to find something nice on Craig’s List, but I’d prefer Nikon.

posted over 10 years ago

dinogorex
Style_council
dinogorex

A friend of mine has a D40.

Although I don’t know much about cameras,
(I use a standard Nikon CoolPix and Photoshop everything.)
I do know that the quality is extraordinary.

She took some pictures of me at the park smoking a cigarette, and the shot captured every detail of the smoke.
Haha.
I’d say go for the buy.
Well worth it.

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

That’s actually fantastic news… considering I found one on Craig’s List and I’m planning on getting it tomorrow :)

I don’t know if you’d know, but does she use the lens that comes with it?

posted over 10 years ago

dinogorex
Style_council
dinogorex

I think she does.
She bought it with her own cash, so she prolly only got the camera.

posted over 10 years ago

kweshie
Style_council
kweshie

I own a D40 and I have to say that i really does a great job in capturing even the small details. It’s great for amateurs since it has this feature that gives a short explanation about the modes and settings etc. The cheap price of the d40 is really worth it! Plus the 18-55mm kit lens are great! If you’re planning to buy new lens then 18-200mm AFS VR is a great combination for the d40. :D here’s a site for more info. link it

posted over 10 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I started with a D40 and it is a really great starter DSLR. I’ve never had strap problems with any of my Nikons o.O; The only thing I wish it had was HD video, but other than that it’s a remarkable piece of equipment

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Thanks guys :) I got it today and I haven’t really played much with it because I’m afraid. But $250 for a DSLR is basically unbeatable… wow!

posted over 10 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

Yay that you got one! I received one for a christmas because I’m into photography and it’s a wonderful starter camera :D

posted over 10 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I use my D40 and I adore it- it’s the best thing ever. It’s really easy to learn how to use too, and it just does everything I could ask it to. Ahaha.

posted almost 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password