Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Okay, so I JUST finished watching a trailer of a new show on MTV: Skins.

For people who haven’t seen it or heard of it, it’s a teen drama originally from England and quite popular. It’s dark and edgy and freaking hilarious haha. For the people who know of Skins, this scares me.

It’s not even REAL Skins; they’re doing the first season with American actors. They’re revamping it basically. The trailer looks okay, but I don’t think this version is going to do Skins any justice honestly. I don’t know how you’ll be able to do all the funny nude scenes or make insults without being vulgar (which makes it more funny). But I guess that’s my opinion. Tell me yours.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/589184/skins-alternate-sneak-peek.jhtml

posted about 9 years ago
browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

i’m not interested in MTV Skins

posted about 9 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

whaaa! haha I’ll probably end up watching it but yeah not gonna be as good .

posted almost 9 years ago

MiauMiau
Style_council
MiauMiau

what the hell is mtv doing to one of my favourite tv series??

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

MTV is on cable so they can show anything they want. I’ve only seen the original Skins a couple times but I definitely admired it for it’s honesty. MTV usually messes things up though.

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I didn’t like it D:

posted over 8 years ago

chila_
Style_council
chila_

Too disgusting for me!

posted over 8 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I liked the other one.
Never seen the american one but tbh when americans do tv shows from elsewhere, it just doesn’t seem to cut it for me.

posted over 8 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

Skins UK or bust! MTV’s version is pathetic.

posted over 8 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

They’re both really stupid. Everyone is saying how great the UK version, but it’s just a bunch of bullshit teenagers. Very few teens even act like that anyways. I don’t think either deserve the hype they are getting.

posted over 8 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

Granted I only watched about 2 minutes of it…but it seemed like it was the same script?

posted over 8 years ago

anatomyautopsy
Style_council
anatomyautopsy

i actually don’t mind it, i prefer the english one of course but i do like michelle more in this series.

posted over 8 years ago

shelbyguest
Style_council
shelbyguest

i don’t mind it at all, i quite like the adaptation! i’m a skins UK and US addict and i like the differences. Tea is a fantastic character in the US.

posted over 8 years ago

Lorna_Hill
Style_council
Lorna_Hill

On be half of the U.S., we are saying sorry to the U.K. I totally agree with you LindsayKaye, about it being disgusting. It’s banned from my house, not that I would even watch it with my parents in the house.

posted over 8 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

From what I’ve read I don’t even wanna know what Skins… is!

posted over 8 years ago

Tiffany_Renee
New_user Tiffany_Renee is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Tiffany_Renee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Tiffany_Renee

Skins US got cancelled.

posted over 8 years ago

unstoppable
Style_council
unstoppable

US skins sucked, that’s why it got cancelled. it wasn’t as good, but i will admit, as the series progressed, and they used their own plots instead of copying, it was better. but these actors just don’t measure up. american tony is SHIT compared to UK tony. everything just felt forced and wasn’t that funny.

posted over 8 years ago

lovelylethargy
Style_council
lovelylethargy

I didn’t think it was that bad. True, I never watched Skins UK. True, I can withstand horrendous amounts of bad television and acting. But aside from the fact that they recycled the entire concept (which I will admit did miff me a bit), it wasn’t terrible. It was a sort of guilty pleasure.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password