Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

This year I’m getting a small tree for my apartment. I don’t know whether to get a fake or a real tree though. I like having the pine tree smell, but I heard that real trees are messy. Which one should I get??

posted almost 7 years ago
CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

Personally I think that fake trees are prettier and far less messy!

LD_P
Style_council
LD_P

Also, by getting a fake tree, you can use the same one again next year! :) In my household, we’ve only ever had fake trees, and they’re a lot more “perfect” looking. It’s up to you, but personally I prefer the idea of a fake tree,

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

I have had fake trees my entire life. This year gonna try a real one. I personally like fake because you can keep it !

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

fake trees last longer but real ones smell so good!

miianne
Style_council
miianne

We’ve used fake trees for the past 5 years and this year we got a real tree. Real trees have that christmas scent but some of the ornaments are hard to hang on the branches because they were too heavy. The branches of the tree couldn’t support it. Fake trees are more stable and cost efficient since you can re-use them.

I recommend a fake tree and putting pine cones nearby so that you get that christmas scent :D

Yumi_Kaeko
Style_council
Yumi_Kaeko

Real trees are a lot more work, but I would say a real Christmas tree. My mom bought a fake tree a few years ago, and it makes me feel like it’s not Christmas because it lacks the smell.
But miianne has a good point too. Maybe just buy a fake tree and get pine cones? She’s got a lot of good points xD

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

We’ve always had real xmas trees. It’s just part of our tradition to go out shopping for trees, pick one out, and somehow lug it upstairs lol. they make the whole living room smell nice :) though, they are messy and do require watering.

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I’ve always wanted a real Christmas tree but I never had enough space for a big one. So i opted for a fake one and it worked just as well, mine lasted me for a couple of years now. So i would definitely say a fake one, then the following years you just have to worry about getting ornaments.

LyssBlondish
Style_council
LyssBlondish

I like the real one, but my family buys every year the fake one:(

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I love the real trees, but it’s more comfortable and cheap to get a fake one.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password